Friday, January 16, 2009

Deep Breathing

So it was a tough day at work yesterday: a number of people were laid off, many of them friends. I know there are worse things and life goes on, but it's sad. I'm relieved that I still have a job--at least for now.

I also got some news late in the day that affects my travel to NY, shortening my time there. M still wants to go, so we have to figure out where to stay for a couple of nights, and if I can have two days off to fly out with him. In some ways, it's good, since it might work out that we'll have more time together in NY rather than just my the day off I had with the previous schedule. We'll see.

In other more mundane news, I took my first zumba class this morning in the gym. I got frustrated. The teacher is a lovely, enthusiastic young gal and fun to watch, but not much of a teacher. I don't know a samba from a merengue from a calypso and she didn't do much to help other than say very quietly, "Now this! Turn!" and other vague commands. I may try to talk to her next week and ask for help. I really want/need a Friday morning class.

The masquerade party is tonight, hope to have some fun pictures to post soon. And it's a three-day weekend. Rosebush pruning, novel writing, finishing the scarf, maybe a walk on the Marin headlands with friends is on the agenda. Do you have plans?

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, January 17, 2009, Blogger bren said...

My plans: baking oatmeal cookies for Don and Ken's hunting trip, cooking dinner for Tom, Mary, Ken, Don and me, then a week by myself...lonely, but to do whatever I want...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home