Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Mostly Photo Update


Guitar in fall
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
It's been freakishly beautiful weather. Hot--in the high 80s during the day and clear, gorgeous. I should try to get outside a bit today, but I do have this novel project, and M and I want to see Quantum of Solace--we figure a matinee will be less crazy than an evening. And cheaper.

So I just hit ten thousand words on my little romance novel project. Only a fifth of the way to the goal when I should be halfway, but I'm excited about breaking into five figures anyway. Time to start the French toast for Sunday brunch.

But before I go, a few more words and pix:

A friend of mine in the design group at work has been creating notebooks out of scrap paper and old record album covers. I dug out a box of unused stationery and picked up an attractive record at the library sale last month and he made this for me:
Sweet! I had him include a few envelopes for keepsakes.
More finished stuff from my glass class:
One more class next weekend, but I don't have much room left (she has limited space in her kiln, obviously, so all of our projects have to fit into a 20"x20" square) so not sure if I'll try to whip up some jewelry or focus on one last dish.

My glass teacher brought a huge box of paperwhite bulbs to class last weekend, so I've got several pots started. A fellow student reciprocated with naked lady bulbs yesterday, so another earth moving project is on the list.
I've been a felting fiend, though my projects are very small:

I still need to embellish them. Embroidery, beads, and buttons is the direction I'm headed there.

M is doing pretty well. Though he didn't sleep a wink last night. 6:00 p.m. on Friday is looming large. I must admit, it's about all I think about too. Thank goodness he's taken up the guitar, that has helped him quite a bit, I think.

OK, can't get the French toast out of my mind…

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, November 16, 2008, Blogger bren said...

I want to add the piece of bulleye glass to the firing, that is if you can cut it. I'd love to make a small lampshade with it. hmmm I need to throw something that will hold the pieces in place while firing and then put them together with copper. Nothing ambitious for the first attempt!
I want a night lite cover, too.

 
At 5:48 PM, November 20, 2008, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Ooooh, I love the glass. In fact, everything you've posted so far. It makes me want to take a class someday. Congrats on all those words, too.

 
At 5:31 PM, November 21, 2008, Blogger K2 said...

Today I went to a craft store. It was full of your kind of glass, but nothing as nice as that vase. Pretty expensive, too. Go into business. Also beer cozies.

 
At 10:11 PM, March 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home