Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Having a Tough Time Today"

That was M's email message to me today. We're down to the last few hours, people, and Bar results are on the brain. Period. In July, after he finished the exam, it felt like this day would never come. And of course the months flew by.

I haven't contributed to my novel much this past week. And I haven't been to the gym much, either. My excuse is that Bar exam thing weighing on me and my work days have been longer than ever, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow. At least the waiting will be over, even if the results aren't what we'd hoped for.

When I took Rex for a walk this evening as night was coming on, we had close encounters with not one but two owls, perched atop the old-fashioned style lampposts in the unfinished housing development. I took that as a good omen.

While he was out teaching tonight, I watched the movie version of "Sex and the City." I laughed. I cried. I always had an undercurrent of scorn for the TV show, much as I loved it. *My* days in New York, while vaguely similar, certainly were not that charmed. Not by a long shot. But the movie acknowledged aging and times changing, and I really appreciated that. And of course it made me miss New York and my youth terribly, so after the movie ended, I dug through a couple of old boxes of pictures, looking for a particular snapshot. It was of a Thanksgiving, fifteen years ago, that I spent with my three best friends. We were all single, happy working girls who spent a lot of time together, hoping to find our true loves. Kinda like the show. Not very humbly, we called ourselves the Awesome Foursome.


The Awesome Foursome
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
I spent quite a bit of time looking for the photo and was despairing of finding it, but I did, in the last stack.

Ah, how time flies.





Our friend Sean sent this photo, claiming that it supposedly resembles a pic I posted recently. As if! I will only say that he's very fortunate to have such a magnificent arboreal being as his neighbor.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, November 21, 2008, Blogger rcs said...

Hope it goes well, Suzi. Wow.

 
At 1:26 PM, November 21, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

Been thinking of you guys all day. I, too, think the owls are a good omen. Let us know ASAP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home