Sunday, January 11, 2009

Slow Trains of Thought

I'm not really finding any story threads in my life to blog about lately, so here's what's happening, not necessarily in any particular order:

I caught the bug and was sick most of last week. Blew away my triumphant return to the gym. Worked from home a couple of days mid-week. Feeling better now, but it made the return to the office from vacation a little harder. Once more into the gym tomorrow.

Still no change in M's professional situation. But we are both still grateful that he's not studying for the Bar again. I'm really enjoying spending weekends and evenings with him.

His birthday was Friday. He reports that he had a pleasant day. I took him out to dinner at the Starlight Café, and it turned out to be a good choice.

For his birthday/Christmas gift (the Bluetooth earpiece Santa brought for his iPhone just wasn't working out), I bought him a plane ticket to New York. I'll be there February 2-12, though working most of the time; he'll be in town February 5-10. Not working.

After a novel free vacation, I'm now reading Dead Until Dark, the first book in the HBO series TrueBlood is based on. It's pretty funny. Romance, mystery, and horror/paranormal--how many genres can you stuff into one book? Apparently, many. I'm glad to be reading again.

I'm sitting in a local coffee shop with M. How pleasant. I did a little work, blogged this, and now turn to the purpose of my time here: returning to work on the romance novel, even if it's just for a paragraph or two.

Finally, some shout-outs to some friends, family, fellow bloggers:

  • Rebecca is getting ready to donate a kidney next month to a work friend. Wow.

  • My cousin Jim's pug is a gifted and prolific blogger, check it out.

  • Julia and her hubby are starting a non-profit focusing on locavoring and reusing/recycling, CopiaShare.

  • Pal Kerry is documenting her trip through India in beautiful detail (unfortunately, she's not getting down to Chennai).

  • Happy Birthday, Jay! Hope you had a great weekend in Reno.

  • Oh, and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. Sorry all you Northerners. We'll pay for it with another dry summer, though…

    4 Comments:

    At 4:19 PM, January 11, 2009, Blogger Sara said...

    We are looking forward to seeing you both in February. When was the last time M was in NYC?

     
    At 8:13 AM, January 12, 2009, Blogger suzanne said...

    I don't think he's been back since he left 10 years ago. He's trying to get used to the idea that things have changed quite a bit. He's very much looking forward to seeing you guys!

     
    At 2:46 PM, January 12, 2009, Blogger Kamala! said...

    Am planning to come down on the 9th.

     
    At 1:44 PM, January 13, 2009, Blogger Kamala! said...

    I mean the 6th.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home