Thursday, January 29, 2009

Word Count: 12,153

My eyes flew open at about 4:30 a.m., so I took that as a hint and got up to work on the novel, costuming myself as the very picture of a writer (I just had a great Freudian typo there: "writher"--it feels like torture sometimes!) in her garret: enveloped in the darkness before the dawn, wrapped in sweats, shawl, stocking cap, neck scarf against the morning chill. I need a pair of fingerless gloves to complete the outfit. Even the pets refused to comfort me, preferring their warm beds to my lap. Maybe they were just giving me my space, though Veronica is now up and "helping" me to blog this. So I unified my two versions of Chapter Four, and now I'm up to over 12K words. Woo!

Whatever. OK, time to get ready for work. (And that's already off to a good start today too--an interview with one of our conference speakers arrived in my inbox this morning, so I'll have a good, easy work blog to post today too, yay!)

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, February 07, 2009, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

By the way, it's great to hear how much you're writing these days. You go girl!

 
At 10:11 PM, March 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home