Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April

...is National Poetry Month. I wrote a poem today, the first one in a long time save a fragment the other day that had tulips and clouds as major imagery. Here is today's:

You leave heading east
sun at your back
I know you feel your day
is just beginning
a traveler alone.

Alone I open the window
as if to catch the last
scent, the exhaust of missing.
You do this to me.
You surprise me with leavetaking
amputating the mope and longface
with your excitement.

I change the sheets
removing one small reminder
another scent of what we
shared last night.
I will make my own
nest when the sun
goes down. I close
the window, slide the curtain
rings rattling across the dark
space that divides us,
waiting to hear you come home.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, April 18, 2012, Blogger Kamala! said...

I like it very much, Suz.

 
At 12:09 PM, April 22, 2012, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home