Sunday, February 05, 2012

Happy February

Life's pleasantries continue.

I made bean soup last night and am baking bread today--we were invited up to a friend's house for the Superbowl, which I'm very grateful for, both to see friends and to see the game. I'm not sure the streaming channels will be in operation today.

Last weekend M and I went to see a friend in the chorus of a local production of Chicago. It was fun seeing local theater. The solo numbers were a little static, but the singing was very good, as were the dancing numbers.


I'm working on finishing the laptop cozy. It felted up to a good size, very cozy around the Mac indeed. (The photo is before felting.) I'm trying to decorate it now with some needle felting--I was playing with clouds but M pointed out the base yarn didn't look like a day sky, it's more a night sky color, so now I'm trying moon and stars. I also need to get to Rachel's 50th gift, but I finally admitted to myself that the yarn I got for her at the Sock Summit last July just isn't pleasant to work with. I'm thinking I may need to find new yarn.

The Fitbit is working well to keep me active. I need to make more of an effort to lower my calorie intake if I want to get very far with the weight loss part of my goals, but I definitely feel better. And the dogs are happier--they're getting more time wandering around the field. Roxy nabbed a gopher the other day. She was so very proud of herself. I'm glad she didn't gobble it down like the last one.

One challenge to activity will be work travel. A week from now I'll be in New York for our first show of the year. It should be a really great one--LeVar Burton will be speaking!--but it will be three very long days plus the travel and setup. I have a couple of dinners planned with family and friends, so that will be nice.

On the not-so-bright side, I've been having car troubles. I've taken the Cadillac to a new mechanic, and I may find out tomorrow if it will be either a $200 fix or the cylinder heads. If it turns out to be the latter, he has refused to do the work, and means I'll be shopping for a new car. I admit, not having a reliable ride has been a source of stress for me lately.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, February 06, 2012, Blogger Brenda said...

Well, What did the mechanic say?
Don is pleased with hunter Roxy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home