Monday, June 18, 2012

Denver and Back Again

Is it the wastrel life to want to go to bed before eight o'clock 48 hours before the delicious summer solstice? Maybe. But I haven't slept enough lately.

Partly because much of last week was passed in Denver, a new burg in my travels, most of it in an over-airconditioned Marriott for a conference that (thank goodness!) my company didn't put on. But, I did get out for a walk to a supermarket, a (gasp! literally, thanks to the altitude) morning jog, not too bad Indian dinner, and a light rail ride to the somewhat disappointing downtown area.

Other amusing highlights: practically tame bunnies running rampant, preachers conducting spiritual business on their cell phones while on the gym treadmill, and remarkably good beer, even in the hotel.

That was last Sunday through Thursday. I took Friday off which afforded me the opportunity to meet niece Felicia for bowls of cafe au laid in Petaluma after a job interview and head down to Berkeley with M to celebrate a friend's daughter's high school graduation.

The weekend was a little relaxation punctuated by chores and oppressive heat on Saturday.

A week of work and I'm back on the road, spending most of next week, including my seventh wedding anniversary, boo, in the Denver-like outskirts of Santa Clara. I'm sure the view from my hotel room will seem like deja vu all over again.

4 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, June 19, 2012, Blogger Brenda said...

Has Francesca decided on a field of interest?

 
At 8:18 PM, June 19, 2012, Blogger Kamala! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:19 PM, June 19, 2012, Blogger Kamala! said...

Cafe au laid? Is that better than cafe au lait?-bet it is! Never done Denver, but love Boulder. Can't wait to see you guys at DOJ. You should let Mom know what meat to buy for the grill.

 
At 8:59 AM, June 20, 2012, Blogger suzanne said...

"Cafe au laid"--best typo ever! Think I'll leave it up.

Also looking forward to seeing you at the DoJ dear cuz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home