Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part

Mom went into surgery at 7:45 this morning. I was at the gym, watching the clock, almost bursting into tears when the big hand hit the 9. I know she's in good hands, but I'm still worried. I'll call the hospital at 11:00 a.m. to check in, but I'm going to have a hard time concentrating til then.

11:14 a.m. Update: Called the hospital, and she's "OK"--they wouldn't tell me anything more, and their crypticism keeps me a little on edge (yes, I know "crypticism" is not really a word!). But I can visit her after work, so that's A Good Thing. I feel much better now.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, November 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting *is* the hardest part. I've found that it's often worse (as in, more emotionally taxing) to be the support person in this type of situation than to be the one actually undergoing the procedure. But you're right, she's in good hands, and everything will go fine. In the meantime, hang in there, and think positive thoughts (for both yourself and your mom). I'll be thinking them too. :)

Julia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home