Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Solstice


Cookie booty
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
We had a cookie exchange at work yesterday. Sixteen different kinds of cookies, yum!

*****

I'm teetering on two of life's most delicious moments, cookies cluttering my kitchen counter notwithstanding--and both on the same day!: the last day of work before vacation begins and the longest night of the year. Tomorrow light begins to wash away the darkness. Tomorrow I'll blow of step class at 7:30 a.m. to sleep off that second beer I'm having now (I'm such a lightweight) to work on Christmas cards and stare at the rain that will almost certainly still surround me. Tomorrow I'll shop for Christmas Day comestibles: fancy cheese, champagne, chocolate, and other delicious words starting with "ch." Tonight...tonight I may pop a cookie (or two) in my cake hole, pop a DVD of "The Lord of the Rings" into the boob tube...or, I may just snuggle up with the pup and pop myself into bed.

*****

Scenes from my day (we visited a hotel where we're having our swanky conference next year):

Ornaments at the Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel garden court
Frosting Village, Palace Hotel

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, December 23, 2005, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

The "ch" foods - I know what you're talking about! Chittlins and Cheetohs, am I right?

 
At 10:16 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger suzanne said...

Yes, I did pick up a bag of cheetohs! Well, the "healthy" kind from Whole Foods. I dunno about chittlins. Chimichangas, certainly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home