Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Introverts Have More Brain Activity

Hah!

Yahoo News is reporting that introverted individuals tend to have more brain activity in general, specifically in the frontal lobe. From the article: "The attitude that there's something wrong with introverted people is widely shared in society, where fast talk and snap decisions are often valued over listening, deliberation and careful planning. Extroverts seem to rule the world or, at least, the USA, which hasn't elected an introverted president for three decades, since Jimmy Carter."
Via Slashdot.

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Garrison Keillor joke:

How do you know an extroverted Lutheran bachelor farmer?

He's staring at your shoes ...

 
At 10:54 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Excellent food for thought.
I'll pray for you. No! Just kidding!!!! (but I couldn't resist). The two quotes - especially the first, for me - make good sense. After a year and a half of being self-exiled from my previous belief system, I still find that I am unsure of the nature of Reality or any Higher Power, and I can see that I could happily question and doubt and seek for the rest of my life. But I agree that it's hugely important to be awake in this world, paying attetion to the rest of the people who are stumbling around it, working to make things better. That's what it's all about.

 
At 10:57 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

nevermind my above comment. it really goes with the 12/3 post. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home