Monday, January 02, 2006

Requisite New Year Post

Still raining.

I've been avoiding updating the blog, partly due to mental vacation mode, partly because there's such pressure (right, from whom? it's just that all the bloggers I read are doing it) to post a pithy year-end wrap-up and/or incisive predictions/resolutions for the year ahead. Jordan has a nice year-in-review meme that I thought briefly about picking up since it would probably be a good exercise. But I'm just not ready to analyze the past year--at least, not yet. 2005 seemed to be twelve months of mixed blessings: the wedding, which was wonderful but intertwined with stress and expenses; busy work and school for M and me--all good and worthwhile, particularly my trip to Europe, but our commitments separated us more than we like; the Week from Hell--hospital visits and hassle, but in the end it didn't bankrupt us, M will be much healthier, and I'm finally driving a Cadillac.

I can't help thinking about what I want to accomplish in the coming year, however. For 2006, I want more: more writing, more gratitude for the things I have and for misfortunes narrowly avoided, more connections, more exercise, more deep breathing, more humility, more expression of creative juices rather than just thinking about making/doing stuff, more simplicity, more peace--inside and around the world.

This list doesn't really vary from year to year, actually.

Happy new year to you! May all your resolutions for 2006 come to pass.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

I like those resolutions.
Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home