Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Other Birthday, Paw

M celebrated four years of sobriety yesterday. His decision to renounce the sauce has had a profound effect on both our lives. It's transformed him, but in sort of an opposite way--he's become *more* the person he truly is. If he hadn't quit drinking, I don't think he ever would've decided to undertake law school, and if he did, I don't think he could have succeeded. If he hadn't quit drinking, I doubt we'd be together now, much less married, so to say I'm grateful that he's renewed his close friendship with Bill W. is an understatement.

So happy other birthday, Paw. And many more.

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I don't get the Bill W. thing, but congratulations to M.

 
At 10:06 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger suzanne said...

Bill W. founded AA, so if you're his friend, you're sober. Much as if you're a friend of Dorothy, you're gay. :)

 
At 1:12 AM, March 04, 2006, Blogger Politically Lost said...

Nope, I never did meet Dorothy. She sounds kinda cool though. Probably likes sheep herding in Montana with a close manly companion and a pup tent to share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home