Saturday, January 13, 2007

Finishing Things


potholder, washcloths
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
I'm trying to wrap up a few loose ends around the crafting house. I think it will make me feel better, and help me feel clear enough to start more. So I finally finished that felted potholder for mom (who is coming over tonight on the way home from a pottery conference), and put the last touches on washcloths for me. I like using them in the gym. I knitted up a little black makeup-size bag from eyelash yarn and a larger purse last year, so my goal is to line them both--then use them! Well, the pouch might make a good gift. That means I have to resurrect the sewing machine, which is a good thing.

*****

Monster mobile update--cuz I know you care: two new tires, alignment, and rotation last week; and now it's back in another shop for a few days, getting a much needed tune-up, which hopefully will fix the sticky-ish acceleration. I was lulled into a false sense of low cost when the mechanic said he thought it was just a tune-up. Hah! Apparently spark plug wires for caddies are very expensive. But I've got lotsa driving to do this year, so this does give me peace of mind even as it lightens my wallet.

*****

How is your weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home