Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sundays, As They Should Be


Sturgeon
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
"That thing fought like a son of a bitch, too," reported M. The photo is of a sturgeon that was too small, at nearly four feet, to keep.

Yesterday, my fruit- and veggie-laden stepdad came down to go fishing, so the men, including Rex, were up and away by 6:00 a.m. this morning. And so the day unwound--shaking off the melatonin-induced slumber, some reading, washing the car, balancing my checkbook, knitting the last of my handbag and then felting it, painting my nails, watering the plants. Sleeping til 9! Crafting and carbs and caffeine, oh my! The men came home late, nearly 12 hours later, M sunburned and eager to play guitar and give me a kiss. He praised the felting, approved of the bedspread I had braved Ross to purchase. Now the dishwasher is running and I think a little TV is in order before bed and another week at work.

M starts his second-to-last semester tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, August 26, 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

I love that bag! Great color choice and shape! It inspires me to get back to my knitting.

 
At 5:07 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger K2 said...

I love the bag. Each year we go down to the Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Fest for the day. We see dog demos and shearing and silkworms, etc. Angora rabbits. Alpacas. It's big fun. The most beautiful stuff for sale is always the felting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home