Sunday, February 01, 2009

Superbowl Sunday


ear warmer for the NY trip
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
Finished the ear warmer. This is actually the second attempt, the first one being too narrow. (Its new designation is a hair band.) M told me about four inches in that he didn't think it would work for his head, so I'll be the one wearing it in NY. And he'll be jealous as his little ears grow chillier and chillier. Especially since the extent of his proposed activities consist of walking around the old haunts and maybe taking the Staten Island ferry, in addition to visiting with family. Well, maybe I'll let him borrow it, if he asks.

I realized that part of why I'm so looking forward to this particular trip to NY is precisely that I'll be with M. He hasn't been back since we moved away a decade ago, and it will be interesting to see the changes through his eyes. And it's also the city where we fell in love, so I have that wonderful association.

As I was leaving the office on Friday evening, I felt like I was inhaling spring as I exited the building. It's about 70 degrees outside now. I love it, but it doesn't feel right somehow. I also love how the days are getting longer. That, I could live with year round.

M and I are getting ready to go to a sports bar to watch the Superbowl. Since we don't have strong feelings for either team, we're just hoping for a good game. I'm generally not a fan of sports bars, but since the idea is to watch the game, it should be the right place to go. If not, we'll decamp for another spot around the second quarter. I admit to wanting to watch The Boss' halftime show. And despite the beauty of the day that I've squandered indoors, I'm looking to escape the Sunday blues.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, February 01, 2009, Blogger bren said...

We´will watch in our room since the sports bar here come with a $27 dollar buffet.. Or go for a swim. See you Tues. evening.

 
At 6:45 PM, February 01, 2009, Blogger suzanne said...

Eek, thought you were coming tomorrow (Monday) evening--thanks for letting me know!

 
At 10:11 PM, March 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home