Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Postcard Secret

Just read about this site in the New York Times. Wonder if the secrets will flood in more freely now that it's received national coverage.

*****

Going for my gown fitting tomorrow. Had a little (tiny, mini, really) mental wedding freak-out in the bathroom stall in the gym before class this morning. I'm fine now, but I think my new mantra will be a nickname M gave me (in a really loving way of course) one Thanksgiving: General Axtell. That is, until the week before the wedding, when I will try to embody the 4Cs, the mantra I use during work conferences: Cool, Calm, Collected, and Charming. It doesn't help that people are expecting me to freak out now, to become Bridezilla. They ask how I'm doing very, very carefully, and stay several paces away, as if I have lesions on my face or something.

*****

Oh, and I finished "A Very Long Engagement" last week (really liked it), and cracked "The Time-Traveler's Wife" last night. I've heard quite a few people (well, women it seems like) either love it or not like it at all--not a lot of gray area there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home