Thursday, July 28, 2005

Reminders

I always seem to need them in my life, and I wish I didn't. Guess that's my reminder that I'm not perfect. Reminders help me to slow down, love, question...think. Rob is one of my reminders, but I'm puzzled by his advice today, however:

Last June in Ethiopia, seven men kidnapped a 12-year-old girl and held her in a remote wilderness for seven days. Then a miracle occurred. Three lions sprang out of nowhere and chased the abductors away. They protected the girl until a search team arrived, then slipped away. "The lions stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest," said one of the rescuers. I've told you this story, Virgo, because I believe it has metaphorical resemblances to an adventure you're in the middle of.

Who am I in this scenario? The girl, the lions, the rescuers, or, heavens, the kidnappers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home