Thursday, May 25, 2006

Memorial Day Approacheth

So just in time for the long weekend, Marsee, my fellow cube-dweller, sent this article from Forbes extolling the virtues of goofing off: Sneak Out of Work Right Now (or in my case, blogging while at work, though the article does point out that simultaneously performing personal and professional tasks while in the office isn't as satisfying as getting out).

If you're interested in reading more about M's Supreme Court shenanigans, here's his statement of the case and his letter to his dean describing the process, hoping for school credit.

My dad and stepmom are a-visiting tomorrow, yay! I'm not sure yet what we'll do while they're here--Point Reyes for cheese and oysters, a la Julia? The diRosa Preserve? Copia? So many choices, and the weather is getting more balmy every day…

In other parental news, my mom and stepdad are due to return today from their three week tour of China celebrating their 25th anniversary. I was a little worried when I read about the typhoons there, but I figure the tour operators would err on the side of caution and keep them out of the bad weather areas. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home